- The Great Recession of American Film Acting – Rooney Mara, Michael B. Jordan, and Oscar Isaac, for example, all of whom have crossed from independent films to big-budget franchises and back again largely without varying their performance styles. These actors have each been lauded for performances that are understated and even remote; if Method actors were neurotic and bipolar, they are anxious and depressive.
- Academy Awards Database – AMPAS –
- Melko vakiintuneen elokuvan festivaalit 2014 –
BATMAN V SUPERMAN (US'16): Extreme closeups of weapons discharging have more feeling and meaning to them than most closeups of actors.
— Olli Sulopuisto (@osulop) March 23, 2016
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (US'16): Better Avengering than in Avengers 2 and classier Spidey than Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2
— Olli Sulopuisto (@osulop) May 14, 2016
X-MEN: APOCALYPSE (US'16): X-Men might be my favourite posse in the Marvel universe, underdogs banding together etc. The movie is terrible.
— Olli Sulopuisto (@osulop) May 17, 2016
INDEPENDENCE DAY ZWEI (US'16): First QQ product placement I've seen; Emmerich aggressively & entertainingly vulgar as ever
— Olli Sulopuisto (@osulop) June 21, 2016
Yhteensä 19 elokuvaa.
- The Complete Conceptual History of the Millennium Falcon — Kitbashed –
- When Did Audiences Stop Taking ‘Middlebrow’ Television Seriously? – This dynamic explains why certain modern midbrow shows market themselves as serious television and attempt to emulate the surface-level qualities of highbrow TV. House of Cards is at best midbrow, and, increasingly, a ridiculous soap opera that fancies itself much smarter than it is.
- On Its 40th Anniversary: Notes on the Making of All the President’s Men –