- Jaxxon’s 11 comic (pdf) – In 2003, I had a very silly idea for a comic. Resurrect the stupidest character from the 1970s Marvel "Star Wars" comic books — a seven-foot-tall green rabbit named Jaxxon — and have him recruit a middle-aged Han Solo for one last heist.
- FILMography – movie stills, real locations –
- Netflix adds 3-D, Super HD movies to push ISPs towards its own CDN –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 12.01.2013 – 13.01.2013
Kauniita vaurioita: The White Shadow, 1924
National Film Preservation Foundation: The White Shadow (1924)
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 4.01.2013 – 5.01.2013
- Lick the Star (Sofia Coppola, 1998) – YouTube – Sofia Coppola's directorial debut. You can see the origins of her later feature films, which primarily deal with young girls trapped in gilded cages.
- Back to the Future II’s Terrible Newspaper –
- Movie Scenes of the Past in Real Life New York –
- Miesten välisiä keskusteluja – leikkaajan näkökulma –
- An Opinionated Guide to an Exhausting Year for Oscar Songs – Hulluja on monenlaisia: My conclusion after undertaking my annual quest to locate, listen to and write about every song deemed eligible for an Academy Award.
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 17.12.2012 – 18.12.2012
- Making Blues Brothers With John Belushi and Dan Akroyd—“We Had a Budget for Cocaine” | Vanity Fair – The pitch was simple: “John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Blues Brothers, how about it?” But the film The Blues Brothers became a nightmare for Universal Pictures, wildly off schedule and over budget, its fate hanging on the amount of cocaine Belushi consumed. From the 1973 meeting of two young comic geniuses in a Toronto bar through the careening, madcap production of John Landis’s 1980 movie, Ned Zeman chronicles the triumph of an obsession.
- Empire Strikes Back Instagrammed – Since Jan 2012, I have been telling the Empire Strikes Back one scene at a time with toys. All iPhone 4s for photography and composites. No Photoshop.
- Orionin kevät 2013 – siellä taas kaikenlaista
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 13.12.2012 – 15.12.2012
- Stitchcraft to tradecraft: Roger Moore at the peak of his career as a model for knitting patterns –
- The Cine-Tourist is a website about connections between maps and films – The Cine-Tourist only writes about places that he knows, and since he doesn't travel much this site is chiefly about films made in Paris, Geneva and London (especially Muswell Hill, where he lives).
- Blade Runner VFX breakdown sheets – via @filmdrblog ()
- Manic Pixie Prostitute (YT) – via Ilja