Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 28.03.2016 – 29.03.2016
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 30.12.2015 – 7.01.2016
- “Looking for False Performance Beats”: Editor Fred Raskin on The Hateful Eight – The shoot was unique in that there were certain sequences which needed to be filmed while snow was falling. So the cast always had to be prepared to shoot any scene at any time, because if they got snow, they’d be shooting one scene, while if they didn’t, they’d be shooting another. Because of this, the cast really needed to be off-book once the shoot began. Everyone knowing the script that well gave Quentin the ability to shoot eleven-minute long takes if he wanted to, which ended up being great for the performances — I was watching some terrific theatre on a daily basis — and also informed some of the editing choices. If we had an amazing master of a scene playing out in the 2.76:1 aspect ratio, why would we want to cut away from it?
- The Movie Mogul of the Middle –
- Levottomat, suullinen historia –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 21.04.2015 – 15.05.2015
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 2.10.2014 – 5.10.2014
- Hollywood Salaries Revealed, From Movie Stars to Agents (and Even Their Assistants) –
- Elokuvissa esiintyvien hahmojen luokittelu on melko hankalaa – Even something as simple as perceived age can be thorny. Characters are tagged depending on which age bucket they fall into — 5 or younger, 6 to 12, 13 to 20, 21 to 39, 40 to 65 and 65 or older. Most people are good at sorting characters into the three younger groups, but it can be hard, particularly for coders in their late teens or early 20s, to gauge age over 30. When they can’t cross-check IMDb for the age of the actor — like in the case of an uncredited background character who speaks — the coders are trained to reach a consensus based on stuff like laugh lines, hair color or the age of that character’s children (if any).
- Maintaining the mystery: editor Kirk Baxter on Gone Girl – fxg: How much coverage was there, how much footage was shot?
Baxter: 500 hours.
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 30.08.2014 – 2.09.2014