- Casey Affleck Should Be More Famous (NYT Mag) –
- Guillermo Del Toro talks about his biggest firsts – You can do a short film that looks amazing in three minutes. Because all you’re doing is climax, climax, climax, or a very short set-up, climax, climax. But when you do a feature, if you make every scene great, and every scene is equally important, and everything has an in and an out, you realize that the movie actually becomes slow and boring.
- Sony will undergo a “significant shift” away from movies and toward the “higher margin” television business –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 22.11.2013 – 24.11.2013
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 9.07.2013 – 10.07.2013
- Film set signs specialize in misdirection (LA Times) – The original production title for the 2009 movie "Star Trek" was "Corporate Headquarters," said location scout Kathy McCurdy, who also worked on the 2007 film "Transformers." When fans blew the film's alias, "Star Trek" became known as "Walter Lace," the name of McCurdy's late grandfather.
- Hayao Miyazakin Kaze Tachinu -leffan teaser –
- Studio Ghibli Documentary Film to Open This Fall –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 30.01.2013
- Werner Herzog: ”Trust in my wild fantasies” – Mr. Herzog, do you think someone would ever be crazy enough to hire you to direct an epic blockbuster? It wouldn’t be crazy at all, because I am capable of producing huge films for a fraction of the money that Hollywood would spend. A big epic film like Aguirre, the Wrath of God, if Hollywood started to contemplate this film, they wouldn’t think under 50 million dollars. That is the scope, no one would dare to touch it. However, the grand total budget of the film was 360,000 dollars, at the time in 1970. Let’s just say that today it would be twice as much, let’s say 700 or 800 thousand dollars.
- Pixar Technical Memos – HUBBA HUBBA mä näistä mitään tajua
- Don Simpson’s and Jerry Bruckheimer’s Blue Period : They Were the Ultimate Hollywood Success Story. But in Tinseltown, Their Failure Was an Even Better Yarn (LA Times, 1993) –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 25.06.2012 – 26.06.2012
- Sorkinisms – A Supercut (YT) –
- ’Mad Men’ creator Matthew Weiner discusses Season 5 – Los Angeles Times – The AMC drama's creator discusses his show's fifth season — Don Draper's marriage, Pete Campbell's business acumen and stunning character developments.
- Jack Kirby’s 2001 A Space Odyssey – First Issue – w h o a