Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 18.11.2013 – 20.11.2013
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 14.11.2013 – 16.11.2013
- Robert Redford’s Restless Solitude –
- How To Write An Awesome Movie, According To Some Of Hollywood’s Best Writers –
- Gravity in American Cinematographer – "The camerawork serves … I don’t want to say it serves the story, because I have my problems with that. For me, the story is like the cinematography, the sound, the acting and the color. They are tools for cinema, and what you have to serve is cinema, not story.”
- George Clooney’s Rules for Living – Being Clooney, he does not only write to Brad Pitt, however. He also writes as Brad Pitt. A few years ago, he even had some stationery made up with Brad Pitt’s letterhead. Then he found a book about acting and accents and sent it to Meryl Streep, with an accompanying note. It said, “Dear Meryl, this book really helped me with my accent for Troy. I hope it helps you too.” He signed it “Brad Pitt.” Then he sent another letter to Don Cheadle on “Pitt’s” stationery. As long as Cheadle has been acting, he has dreamt of playing Miles Davis. So the letter informed Cheadle that Pitt’s production company had acquired the rights to Davis’s life story. The letter said that Pitt wanted him to star in it. As Charlie Parker.
- Who Really Created The ’Inception’ BRAAAM? – Hans Zimmer on yrittänyt viedä kunnian kokonaan
- David Suchet: Poirot and me –
- Prada presents ”CASTELLO CAVALCANTI” by Wes Anderson –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 26.08.2013 – 30.08.2013
- Paramount Has a Probem with Blu-Ray Extras – I’m sure this plan looked great from a studio marketing standpoint. “Let’s do something exciting to make our retail partners feel special.” But how about doing something to make your customers feel special?
- Hot Fuzz -käsis –
- The web video of 2012 – The year’s best online movies, by 16 international correspondents. Introduced by Nick Bradshaw.
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 4.01.2013 – 5.01.2013
- Lick the Star (Sofia Coppola, 1998) – YouTube – Sofia Coppola's directorial debut. You can see the origins of her later feature films, which primarily deal with young girls trapped in gilded cages.
- Back to the Future II’s Terrible Newspaper –
- Movie Scenes of the Past in Real Life New York –
- Miesten välisiä keskusteluja – leikkaajan näkökulma –
- An Opinionated Guide to an Exhausting Year for Oscar Songs – Hulluja on monenlaisia: My conclusion after undertaking my annual quest to locate, listen to and write about every song deemed eligible for an Academy Award.