Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 9.05.2013 – 13.05.2013
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 21.03.2013 – 27.03.2013
- Make movies, not scripts – Often, years are spent developing and refining a script which is then shot in weeks; the problem isn’t that the speed of direction kills—it can make for a thrilling spontaneity and immediacy—but that, when the script has been built with such solidity and has become an object of obsession for a year or more, it becomes not the springboard for filmmaking but its objective, and constrains the filmmaker to be its illustrator, which is exactly the feeling conveyed by many films.
- Al Pacino: Full Roar (video essay) – ahhahhaahahahhahahahahahaa
- These guys out-Bourne all of the Bourne action sequences 6–0 –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 29.01.2013 – 30.01.2013
- What do people in the intelligence community think of Homeland? – Quora –
- House of Cards star Kevin Spacey on his return to television (sort of) – But really it’s “Wiseguy” that kind of got me film, because Bryan Singer and Chris McQuarrie wrote “Usual Suspects” for me because they had fallen in love with the character on “Wiseguy.” In a weird way that show had similar aspects to this one in that because they were doing story arcs, it was like doing a mini-series within a maxi-series. So it sort of fits in to this particular wheelhouse because there is an arc going that me and David know where it’s going for 26 (episodes). We could get a third season, but we don’t know yet. But it doesn’t feel episodic in that for me it feels like I’m doing a really long movie. And that first experience of doing “Wiseguy” felt that way as well.
- A few Harrison Ford annotated ”Raiders” script pages – omg
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 28.11.2012
- Frames Cinema Journal, issue 1 – Thompson, Stork, Lee, Shambu, Petersen…
- Moonrise Kingdom -käsis (pdf) –
- 1970-luvulla opiskelunsa aloittaneet näyttelijät, dramaturgit ja ohjaajat kokivat monta murrosta –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 2.06.2012 – 4.06.2012
- Prometheus: Interview with Costume Designer Janty Yates –
- Joan’s Digest Brings Fun, Flamboyant and Serious Feminism to Film Criticism – "It takes so much effort for women to get to the starting line, to get onto an editor's radar. I also wonder if sometimes the things that women are interested in — the way they respond to certain movies — may not be of interest to many male editors, but would be to many female readers. I've found that's true. In cinephile circles you see mostly men, but women cinephiles are out there. They're often just isolated from those nerd-herd scenes."
- "Mitä näyttelijä siis tekee? En tiedä, enkä katsojana oikeastaan haluakaan tietää." – No sepä oli hyvin käytetyt 9000 merkkiä, jes