- The Great Recession of American Film Acting – Rooney Mara, Michael B. Jordan, and Oscar Isaac, for example, all of whom have crossed from independent films to big-budget franchises and back again largely without varying their performance styles. These actors have each been lauded for performances that are understated and even remote; if Method actors were neurotic and bipolar, they are anxious and depressive.
- Academy Awards Database – AMPAS –
- Melko vakiintuneen elokuvan festivaalit 2014 –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 6.09.2016 – 11.09.2016
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 6.08.2016 – 27.08.2016
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 9.05.2013 – 13.05.2013
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 21.03.2013 – 27.03.2013
- Make movies, not scripts – Often, years are spent developing and refining a script which is then shot in weeks; the problem isn’t that the speed of direction kills—it can make for a thrilling spontaneity and immediacy—but that, when the script has been built with such solidity and has become an object of obsession for a year or more, it becomes not the springboard for filmmaking but its objective, and constrains the filmmaker to be its illustrator, which is exactly the feeling conveyed by many films.
- Al Pacino: Full Roar (video essay) – ahhahhaahahahhahahahahahaa
- These guys out-Bourne all of the Bourne action sequences 6–0 –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 29.01.2013 – 30.01.2013
- What do people in the intelligence community think of Homeland? – Quora –
- House of Cards star Kevin Spacey on his return to television (sort of) – But really it’s “Wiseguy” that kind of got me film, because Bryan Singer and Chris McQuarrie wrote “Usual Suspects” for me because they had fallen in love with the character on “Wiseguy.” In a weird way that show had similar aspects to this one in that because they were doing story arcs, it was like doing a mini-series within a maxi-series. So it sort of fits in to this particular wheelhouse because there is an arc going that me and David know where it’s going for 26 (episodes). We could get a third season, but we don’t know yet. But it doesn’t feel episodic in that for me it feels like I’m doing a really long movie. And that first experience of doing “Wiseguy” felt that way as well.
- A few Harrison Ford annotated ”Raiders” script pages – omg