- Valkoisen peuran paluu – Filmielokuvan digitointi (TM 4/2016) –
- Close encounters: the return of The X-Files (Sight & Sound) – "I was fortunate enough to host a panel featuring Duchovny and Anderson at New York City’s Paley Center for Media in 2013: one of the funniest moments came when I tried unsuccessfully to explain a season nine story-point about magnetite, the metal that effectively destroys the alien colonisers. “Are you serious?” Anderson asked before breaking into hysterics. “What the fuck is magnetite?” she shouted, to the audible delight of the gathered Philes."
- Ted talk: State of the Netflix union discussion with chief content officer Ted Sarandos –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 27.01.2016 – 13.02.2016
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 8.01.2016 – 10.01.2016
- Browse Netflix by genre/director/keyword-hybrid –
- Browse Netflix by genre –
- My Accidental Career as a Russian Screenwriter – So I worked up the nerve to show the ‘‘Rushkin’’ script around. The reaction of the first executive who read it was something out of ‘‘Barton Fink’’ and roughly what I expected: ‘‘When you’re ready to make some real money,’’ he said, ‘‘bring me something about a cop or doctor.’’
- The Women of Hollywood Speak Out – In both 2013 and 2014, women were only 1.9 percent of the directors for the 100 top-grossing films. Excluding their art-house divisions, the six major studios released only three movies last year with a female director. It’s hard to believe the number could drop to zero, but the statistics suggest female directors are slipping backward. Prof. Martha Lauzen of San Diego State University reports that in 2014, 95 percent of cinematographers, 89 percent of screenwriters, 82 percent of editors, 81 percent of executive producers and 77 percent of producers were men
Netflixin motivoiva vihannes
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 31.01.2014 – 1.02.2014
- Michael Keaton – "I mean, I had no concept of stopping play. It just didn't occur to anyone."
- What do you look for in great cinematography? – Let’s watch two clips each from the five nominees for this year’s Oscar for Best Cinematography. The soundtrack will be removed from the clips. Instead, we’ll have some commentary (posted below). But you might want to watch the clips with no sound at all. See what great cinematography means to you.
- The Post-Hope Politics of ‘House of Cards’ – But perhaps the most telling detail he shared with me is that he writes the 150-character plot summaries that accompany each episode of “House of Cards” on Netflix. Not just the episodes — the summaries of the episodes. Before the first season of the show, which was released on Feb. 1 last year, Netflix sent him the summaries they wrote in house, which Willimon then rewrote. Now he writes all of them as a matter of course, a job that would normally be done by someone on the Netflix metadata team. “It just seemed easier,” he says.