Twitterissä kehuttiin Veep-sarjan kolmatta kautta ja sitten Bilge Ebiri kysyi, pääseekö sarjaan sisälle, jos ei ole nähnyt aiempia tuotantokausia. Kakkoskautta suositeltiin, johon Ebiri lausahti notta
— Bilge Ebiri (@BilgeEbiri) April 7, 2014
Tässä ollaan syvällisen viisauden äärellä.
- By Moroder: An Interview with Giorgio Moroder on Notebook – And my advantage, if you consider more classical composers like John Williams, who I think is the best, but he doesn’t write songs. But I write songs and the scores. So that’s a little bit of an advantage for me.
- Why preposterous thrillers form a genre all of their own –
- Mega Dan Harmon interview, part 3: ’Rick and Morty’ – Sometimes those are tools. You can break off a little piece of “Die Hard” and use it to open a lid. Sometimes you’re breaking off such a big piece of “Die Hard” and talking about it at so many different points in your story that you realize that you’re really citing “Die Hard” and you really owe it to bring “Die Hard” into the writer’s room and ask questions about “Die Hard” while you’re breaking the story and let “Die Hard” answer your questions. And then when the wardrobe supervisor says, “What should Jeff be wearing?,” maybe you say, “Well, a dirty wife beater, because why not?” And so in their best versions these things are just organic. They just happen because it’s an honest way to do what we always do, which is be incredibly derivative when we’re breaking stories. I don’t mountain climb on the weekends. I don’t go to roller rinks. I watch TV and I watch movies. And I didn’t have real experiences in my childhood. I watched TV and movies.
- The cinema of Paul Verhoeven has an incredible amount of stupidity, but it is never stupidity that isn’t in some way attached to smartness – Everyone is a critic, but more than that, everyone, I think, has a critic inside them–a person whose opinions they’ve unconsciously adopted as their own, someone who they agree with so deeply that they act as their representative in normal life. Not in a plagiarist sense, necessarily. More like a hero or an idol that they emulate in their opinions, consciously or unconsciously, that they use to strengthen their resolve in their opinions. They exist in every field, from politics to music to books: The people we refer to in our Twitter wars and masters’ theses and dinnertime fights.
- Fewer Sitcom Hits Could Mean More Smart Sitcoms – “These new shows aren’t just competing with each other,” one top TV agent says. “It’s now just as easy to click a button and watch an old episode of something else, or a new movie, as it is to watch a [network] series.” Older shows have a leg up: They’ve already gotten viewers hooked. Says the agent, “It’s such a wider canvas now, that if you don’t get those eyeballs immediately, there’s a chance you’ll never get them.”
- The drawings illustrate the moment before the ”cigarette burn” –
- Sampo-elokuvan 4K-restaurointi – SampoSampo / Sampo / The Day the Earth Froze (US) Neuvostoliitto/Suomi 1959. Tuotantoyhtiö: Mosfilm, Suomi Filmi. Tuottaja: G. Kuznetsov, Risto Orko. Ohjaus: Aleksandr Phtusko. Käsikirjoitus: Viktor Vitkovitsh, Grigori Jagdfelde – Kalevalan Sampo-runot (1835). Asiantuntijat: Väinö Kauko-nen, Kustaa