- The Protector 2 -traileri – TONY JAA DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'
- How Harold Ramis’s movies have stayed funny for 25 years –
- Amerikkalaisen elokuvajulisteen pikkupräntin anatomia –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 24.02.2014
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 18.02.2014
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 15.02.2014
- A Few Actors Who Make A Dolly Grip’s Life Easier –
- Steven Soderbergh: Chinatown is one of the best blueprints of all on how to make a film – Towne’s script is often cited as a great template (which it is), but invariably with no understanding or acknowledgement of the the role film editing has in shaping a finished film. So, to me, transcribing the release version of Chinatown and holding it up as an example of pure screenwriting indicates of lack of experience in the actual making of films on the part of the teacher/author.
- Film restoration at Criterion Collection (video) –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 1.02.2014 – 3.02.2014
- Academy Awards: Best Visual Effects Oscar Winners (Vimeo) –
- In Conversation:SNL’s Lorne Michaels — Vulture – If you look at our balcony at SNL, it is still classified as temporary. It’s scaffolding—scaffolding and some excess seats from Yankee Stadium. No one went, “Whatever you need.” Because broadcast has been in decline my entire professional career.
- Typeset In The Future: 2001: A Space Odyssey –
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 31.01.2014 – 1.02.2014
- Michael Keaton – "I mean, I had no concept of stopping play. It just didn't occur to anyone."
- What do you look for in great cinematography? – Let’s watch two clips each from the five nominees for this year’s Oscar for Best Cinematography. The soundtrack will be removed from the clips. Instead, we’ll have some commentary (posted below). But you might want to watch the clips with no sound at all. See what great cinematography means to you.
- The Post-Hope Politics of ‘House of Cards’ – But perhaps the most telling detail he shared with me is that he writes the 150-character plot summaries that accompany each episode of “House of Cards” on Netflix. Not just the episodes — the summaries of the episodes. Before the first season of the show, which was released on Feb. 1 last year, Netflix sent him the summaries they wrote in house, which Willimon then rewrote. Now he writes all of them as a matter of course, a job that would normally be done by someone on the Netflix metadata team. “It just seemed easier,” he says.