Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 3.06.2015 – 26.06.2015
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 31.12.2014 – 15.01.2015
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 1.12.2014 – 3.12.2014
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 6.11.2013 – 7.11.2013
Elokuvallisia huomioita maailmalta 15.07.2013 – 17.07.2013
- How did journalists respond to the critique of Season 5 of ‘The Wire’? » Nieman Journalism Lab – Journalism-lehti on maksullinen, yliopiston kirjasto auttaa
- The essay film – some thoughts of discontent – Kevin B. Lee kertoo ja näyttää, mitä mieltä on essee-elokuvista
- ’The X-Files’ Turns 20: ’Breaking Bad’ Creator On What He Learned From Mulder And Scully – So I went into this meeting very relaxed with Chris Carter, because I was not trying to impress him. I just wanted to shake his hand and say, “Man, what a great show you have.” And he said, “Yeah, well, thanks. Do you have any ideas for it?” And I said, “Well, gosh no. I mean, I just wanted to say hi. But I was in the hotel last night, and I was looking at my shadow cast against the wall, and I was thinking, wouldn’t it be weird if it suddenly started moving independently of me?” And he said, “Yeah, that would be creepy.”
- The Asylum: The Company Behind Sharknado, Snakes on a Train, and (a Movie Kinda Like) Pacific Rim – The Asylum has never once lost money on a film. While Battleship was a $200 million failure for Universal Pictures, The Asylum’s version, American Warships, made a 50 percent profit of $250,000. “We don’t make a film for a dollar more than we know we can sell it for,” says Latt.
- Paul Schrader talks about The Canyons – I told him the essential structure, the Renoir structure of the rotating triangles—you take two triangles, connect them at one point, and let them turn. So you have the triangle of Christian, Tara, and Ryan, and then you have the triangle of Christian, Cynthia, and Ryan. That puts Christian at the center of the two triangles, and whenever the points of the triangles meet, you’ve got interesting scenes. Bret worked very quickly. Probably no more than a month.
- An Analysis of the Character Animation in Disney’s Tangled – Tietokoneanimaation ja perinteisen Disney-tyylin yhteensovittaminen